SNAP! Senior Network of Advancement Professionals
The purpose of the Senior Network of Advancement Professionals (SNAP) is to provide educational and networking opportunities for senior-level members of AFP San Diego to help them advance in their profession, serve as resources for each other to ensure the highest level of ethical practice and to contribute to the advancement of San Diego’s nonprofit and philanthropic communities.
Who would be part of the SNAP!
This group is for senior-level AFP members who are committed to advancing the profession of development through networking and education, and who have demonstrated a strong, positive commitment to the philanthropic community and the development profession. Approximately 115 AFP individuals have signed up to receive information from SNAP! to date.
What is the recommended criteria for membership?
AFP members invited to join SNAP! have their:
- CFRE or
- At least 10 years of experience in a fundraising/development role
AND will self-select, meeting two of the criteria listed below:
- Demonstrated growth in their organization or professionally
- Demonstrated commitment as a development professional to an organization for more than 5 years
- Demonstrated management of people in the profession
- Mentoring other professionals
Strategic Goal 1:
Our goal is to provide networking opportunities for fundraising professionals to learn together, make better decisions, have more fun and influence philanthropy by understanding their role as having the power to make a difference.
Strategic Goal 2:
Our goal is to elevate the fundraising profession and perception that will help professionals become better leaders benefiting AFP and the philanthropic community.
Benefits of SNAP!
- Resource for succession planning in our community
- Education through sharing experiences and building trust among colleagues
- Higher level education for experience development professionals